domingo, 2 de agosto de 2009

The Fate Told me: Stop it!


I am not used to believe in fate because I believe more in our free will, but I don't know, my dear reader, if you already noticed that sometimes we are just taken to another direction. It seems that a quick and sudden sequence of events place us elsewhere. The doors open in that new direction and our other options seem locked.

It was happening to me. In a minute, I had my studio and we were 5 people making miniatures and in the next minute I had nothing. My husband left and I had to be back to my parents home. There was no place to make miniatures in that house, only a room in the backyard where my dad kept his tools and things of the garden and pool. The people that helped me before also disapeared. They didn't feel confortable there.

During the first days, I did nothing. I spent long time sat in the porch just staring in chock. Later I began unpacking the boxes. The molds were damaged. The latex molds had to stay inside the water, but I forgot and it was melted. There were a lot of broken miniatures, the clay and the plaster were hardened. I had to start all over again.

I cleaned the room in the backyard. It was not a nice room. The walls were made of left over wood from old constructions, I could see outside in the spaces between the boards. The roof had some holes, the door had no knobs. I only could be there in the evening, after my children were sleeping. So I was a bit afraid of bats, mosquitos, rats and even snakes when I was there.

I bought clay and latex and made new miniatures. I was used to stay there working alone until very late, as 2 or 3 am. I was all by myself, but the miniatures seemed smiling for me. They were my little family. I still didn't know where or how I would be selling those miniatures.

Then, when I was making the very last painting a strong wind began to blow. It was a storm! It came very quickly! The lamp was shaking, some things flew away! I started closing the cans of ink, packing the miniatures, cleaning the brushes while the rain was already heavy. There was water falling from the little holes of the roof on the miniatures and I had to put them in a protected place, but the wind was so strong that I was fearful. I decided to leave everything there and go back to the house.

As soon as I left the room, the wind came really strong and the room collapsed!!! Oh my God! Seconds before I was inside! All my job was distroyed! So many sleepless nights to get it done!

It was like the fate had told me: STOP IT! Right now! Then, I quit. Next months I began studying computers and soon I was working as a programmer in a big company. My dad said that I went from the Stone Age to the Technology Era in a minute.

3 comentários:

Unknown disse...

So, no more miniatures !?!?

Leila Franca disse...

I was just mad. Of course I couldn't stop it forever.

Unknown disse...

You shouldn't trust fate that much. At least I wouldn't.

Postar um comentário