segunda-feira, 24 de agosto de 2009

The Assault

Nobody likes to be interrupted. Mainly if we are watching TV and someone appears pointing a gun to our head. This was what happened to me years ago.

It was a summer night and I was watching the news on TV. They were noticing something important and all my attention was there. I heard someone saying something behind me. I didn't understand and kept looking to the TV. I thought it was one of my kids, and said (without look): "Wait a minute". Then, I saw a gun close to my left eye and looked back. There was 2 gunmen in my living room!

They were two thieves. I didn't know how they came in. I had been in the pool til late that day and I was still dressing bikini and shorts. My mom was there and only one of my kids was at home too. The thieves made us go to the first bedroom and we sat there. One of them stayed with us while the second one started stealing my things. They took all electronics they could, my mom purse and even my kids toys!

We were lucky because they didn't hurt us. There was no physical violence because my mom, my son and I got to keep ourselves quiet and calm. After about 1 hour, they took us to the last bedroom (the most far from the street), locked us there and left.

Few minutes later, they were back. They had put everything in my car, but they didn't get to open the garage door and leave! They made me go there alone with them while my mom and my son were locked in that bedroom. I had to open the garage door and drive my car to the street. Then, they took me back to the bedroom and locked me there. So, they left.

In this exact moment, we heard the bell ring! It was my dad! I knew he was about to get there! But the thieves were still inside. We head a shot!!! That was a terrible moment! I prayed! We heard more shots, then there was silence. We were praying and crying! We didn't know what had happened outside!

Next, we heard voices of people calling us and we were screaming: "Here! We are here!" It was our neighbors and my dad! He was alive and ok! He said that when he rang the bell, the thieves were already opening the door to leave. So, my dad and the thieves were in front of each other! My dad ran and hid behind his car, while a robber fired a shot, but didn't get to hurt him.

The noise of the shot made two of my neighbors appear at the street. Both of them (a man and his son) are policemen. They shot the thieves while they were escaping , but the criminals got to flee. Minutes later, several police cars did park in front of my home.

In that same night the thieves were arrested. They were escaping in high speed and the car flipped. At this time the police didn't know yet that they were thieves and went to help them, but the robbers fired shots against the policemen. Then, they tried to escape again, but didn't get it this time.

This happened about 2 days after I had gone to sell my canvas and miniatures at street. My miniatures were in the car that was stolen. I need not say that the miniatures were distroyed when there was the car accident.

I had to start all over again.


3 comentários:

Sara's Whimsy disse...

Oh My GOD! Talk about a life of danger! You should write this up as a screen play or something. I don't know how you made it through that ordeal!

Leila disse...

I don't know either! I have a lot of self control and while I was dealing with those criminals I tried to be calm.

Unknown disse...

I cannot really express what I was feeling while reading this.

Postar um comentário