sexta-feira, 24 de julho de 2009

A weird coincidence


Now I have to go back again to the past. When I was just a teenager, a scout girl, camping and selling cookies to get money to help other people, I had a boyfriend, so young as me. He was not a "boyfriend" as we understand this word today. We just kissed quickly each other only once. But he was my first "love", that one we "die" for. I will call him D. here in this story.

I guess all of us had someone like that, the "sweetheart" of the high school. If one gets to marry this person, then he or she has a great chance to be happily married to the rest of his life. This was not what happenned to me. We had to be apart. I never cried so much in my life as I cried for D.. It wasn't his or my fault. We were too young and had to live too far from each other and there were other circunstances too. So, D. was my first and impossible love. We didn't see each other since I was 15. I didn't know what happened to him, where he lived, nothing. We lost the contact.

Then, lets go "back to the future" again...I was at home creating and making miniatures, with my two babies to take care and my unemployed husband walking around trying to sell my miniatures at the stores. Now he was going far from our home. He was visiting the downtown stores. The Rio de Janeiro town has thousands of stores.

Do you know what happened? He found a store called "Leila". Well, Leila is my name. Naturally, my husband went to talk to the owner to get some business, and in the middle of the conversation he told where we lived and that the name of the store and my name were the same! The store owner told to my husband that years ago he knew someone from that place...

Well, readers, you can guess who the store owner was! He was D.!!! Oh my God! How my husband ended up meeting him??!!! There were thousands of stores! I myself had never met him again since I was a girl. And the name of the store? Why the store had my first name? Had it been just a weird coincidence?

Sure, D. bought some of my miniatures and even sent me a gift after he figured out that I was his old sweetheart. However I didn't want to exploit this connection, if you know what I mean... I just persuaded my husband to visit other stores and forget about the "Leila" store. And it was what happened. I didn't meet or talk to D. in this occasion. I did't want. He also didn't look for me.

I kept myseld creating new characters. I made some dolls.



PS.: Next post I will tell about the shows and fairs we started participating.

3 comentários:

Unknown disse...

I love such stories but I think it is not coincidence that your husband went to this tore. "D" probably named the store on your name and your husband went into it because it is named the same as you ( or on your name, whatever) :D, just joking ;). But I kinda feel that this is not the end of the story ;) Did you had any orders from that store after that? Anyway, the world is really small.

Leila Franca disse...

No, I guess all of us thought we coudn't go ahead. It would be too much confusing! I wasn't ready to deal with that delicated situation. It wouldn't be good to any of us. We had to quit that contact from the start.

Unknown disse...

I think you did right. I would do the same. I was kinda joking in my comment :)

Postar um comentário