quinta-feira, 23 de julho de 2009

Dear readers...


Well, now I know there is at least one reader! As you know (maybe not yet!), I am telling the story of my miniatures and how I started. I want to tell how everything happenned until the day of today. Then, you will know what I am doing now and what is coming next. It seems that there will be a lot to tell, but not really. Although I have started selling my miniatures in 1978, I stopped during many years.

Readers are like friends of us. They give us a bit (or a lot) of their attention. If they are serious, I don't mind if they become critical. My main goal is to share my experience. What I learnt in this way and what I am still learning.

As I told in my second post, I started from nothing, I knew nothing and I didn't have a formal learning. I learnt by myself. That time there wasn't internet, videos, youtube, tutorials or even books about making miniatures (at least not in my country). I was a mom of 2 babies, had a lot to do at home, no money at all and the unemployment as knocking my door. I had to do something! I could do a lot of different things, but I don't know why I just wanted to make miniatures.

After selling to the stores close to my home, my husband went a little further and we got to sell to other stores of the town, not only in our neighborhood. I created new characters: an angel and an indian mom with a baby in her back. They look like as they were from the same "family".

PS.: Next post I will tell you about a special store that my husband found during those days. You just have to know about it. It was a weird coincidence. It got me thinking and you will be too.



2 comentários:

Unknown disse...

This angel is pretty :) Did you manage to earn enough to do just miniatures?

Leila Franca disse...

Yes, I did, but keep reading the story to know what happenned.

Postar um comentário